We are looking for an online programmer to help us build the online backend and frontend for an exciting new Multiplayer VR game.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE…
- Matchmaker: through technology, you connect people.
- Demonstrating sense of responsibility and autonomy in achieving project results and individual objectives.
- A true team player that has fun working in an open, noisy space with fantastic colleagues and open to feedback, both giving and receiving.
- Build and maintain core online components, pipelines and tools on Unreal.
- Work with databases that allow for chat rooms, client/server games, player matching, player stats, etc.
- Provide support as needed on other programming endeavours like engine, UI, animation, sound, physics, etc.
- Driving standard software engineering processes and best practices for requirements, design, implementation and testing.
- Accurately estimates his/her schedules and delivers high quality work products to that schedule.
- Set out technical designs to meet system needs whenever necessary;
- Determine and fix the bugs identified by working units and the quality control team;
- Document the work to ensure knowledge transfer and help users understand the new systems and features.
THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING AMAZING SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in software programming, ideally in the video
game industry or any other relevant experience.
- Hands-on experience working on with online components and multiplayer systems
- Unreal engine knowledge is a plus.
- Platform online services like Steamwork and Playstation Network is a plus.
- Proficiency with C++
IN RETURN, WE WILL PROVIDE THAT AWESOME SOMEONE WITH:
- Flexible hours
- Open, diverse, and family-friendly environment
- One of Canada’s most innovative game development studios, and one of the first to develop for emerging VR platforms
- Homestyle catering meals available on Tuesdays and Thursdays, on subscription basis
- Life, Health, and Dental Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Flexibility on sick and personal days
Interested? Send your CV, Linkedin profile or whatever you feel is relevant to firstname.lastname@example.org