Spirits of Spring, Minority’s second empathy game, tells the story of a Native boy and his friends coming to grips with bullying. It’s available on iOS platforms and has been featured by Apple in over 130 countries.
Spirits of Spring is the story of Chiwatin and his best friends, Rabbit and Bear. Chiwatin is a young Native from a mythical land, where he maintains the balance between spring and winter by controlling magical Spirits. One day, giant mysterious Crows descend from the skies and hunt the three friends down, stealing the boy’s Spirits. Without these, Springtime is lost, Permanent Winter takes over, the young Native’s world falls apart… this is the last straw!
And so, Chiwatin goes on a quest to face the Crows responsible for stealing Springtime. Will he use brute strength? Or will he choose a different way? Spirits of Spring explores our experiences with bullying and the power of friendship in surviving it. Spirits of Spring is an adventure empathy game with puzzle elements, available October 2014 on iOS devices.
Release Date: October 2, 2014
Systems: Available on iOS
(Android and PC versions under consideration)
* iPod Touch 4th Gen and lower, iPhone 4 and lower or iPad 1 are not compatible with this app.
Languages: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian and Portuguese.
- A fascinating 3D world inspired by northern Canada, never seen before in a video game
- Hero is a Native American, believed to be a first in a non-violent video game
- Rich storytelling and immersive gameplay through engaging touchscreen controls
- The ability to collect spirits and use the magic of nature to triumph over giant evil crows and Permanent Winter
- The chance to play different characters and use their special abilities to uncover new paths
- An exploration of the many facets of bullying in a whole new way
- A haunting dynamic soundtrack, triggered by the player’s actions; very rare in iOS games